Do you struggle to keep your focus on Jesus during the Christmas season? Does the busyness of the holidays distract you from the true meaning of what you celebrate?
We have a resource to help you lead your family in an intentional, Christ-honoring activity.
The Advent Event is a fun, easy, and enriching family activity to help focus attention on the birth of Jesus while discovering the big picture of God's plan throughout the entire Bible. Kids of all ages will enjoy the crafts, stories, sounds, and motions that make up The Advent Event. Best of all, it fits easily into your busy schedule.
Start A New Tradition!
Each day in December brings a new story to tell, a new motion to learn, and most importantly, a special family time that Moms and Dads can use to connect to the deep, spiritual significance of Christmas: the birth of Jesus, our Savior.
Just 15 minutes each day in December can build a lifetime of memories!
We will email your kit, which includes:
- Paper ornaments to color and hang each day as a family
- A short devotional to go with each ornament
- Hand motions to help your children remember the theme for each day
- Scripture passages for further discovery
The Full Storyline of Scripture
The Advent Event is about more than Christmas day. It is a walk through many well-known and theologically important stories of the Bible that help to teach children about the character of God and the unfolding story of redemption.
The Meaning of Christmas
The Advent Event spends several days leading up to Christmas telling the different aspects of the Christmas story, punctuating the special event of the greatest gift mankind has ever received, the perfect Lamb of God in the baby Jesus.
Memories to Cherish
With all of the busyness of everyday life, capturing special moments can be so important to the family. The Advent Event is designed for parents to set aside special time with their kids in each day December to learn, sing, laugh, and enjoy.
How The Advent Event Works
- We provide you with paper ornaments. You or your child will color and cut out one Advent Event ornament each day in December.
- The ornaments hang on a string. Find a place in your home to hang a string or yarn to display the ornaments.
Each day in December, you will...
- Hang that day's ornament on the string.
- Read a Bible passage and a brief devotional.
- Learn and practice a fun hand motion and phrase to help remember each day's lesson. (Many families review all the previous motions each day to help remember them all.)
- Optionally, you can add any additional activities you want, such as singing and family prayer.
...and it continues until New Years Eve
The Advent Event does not end on Christmas day. From December 26-31, The Advent Event continues with daily events from the New Testament to help round out the full scope of the Bible, ending with our anticipation Jesus' triumphant return.