The Department of Justice has approved the use of tablets containing educational materials in prisons nationwide. We have the opportunity to partner with the company that provides the software and their content for these tablets. They have agreed to allow us to launch our content on these tablets nationwide.
- Stage 1 is to launch The Wisdom Journey on each tablet. That will provide inmates with a comprehensive, biblically faithful teaching series through the Bible. We are currently raising the $10,000 we need for this stage of the project.
- Stage 2 will be providing inmates with Stephen's full-length sermons from Wisdom for the Heart. We currently have over 1200 sermons. We estimate an ongoing need of $5000 per year to launch and sustain this stage.
- Stage 3 will be to provide our Spanish content on the tablets.
- Stage 4, and ongoing will be a personal discipleship ministry. The tablets provide the opportunity for us to develop correspondence courses, study guides and additional resources. This allows for follow-up and personal discipleship with inmates. If the Lord enables this stage of the project, we will need a staff member to develop the content and coordinate a team of volunteers.
Imagone the impact of resources like this in the hands of people who feel hopeless and lost. This is a unique opportunity to shine the light of God's Word into some of the darkest corners of America.
The Potential Impact
Currently, these tablets are in 300 prisons and are used by 150,000 inmates each day. The use of this resource is growing rapidly.
- By the end of 2023, the tablets will be in 400 prisons.
- By the end of 2024, the tablets will be in 600 prisons.
What Can You Do?
We are currently raising funds to launch the first stage of this project - providing The Wisdom Journey on each prison tablet. Here's how you can help:
- $26 will sponsor 2 lessons
- $130 will sponsor 10 lessons
- $650 will sponsor 50 lessons
- $1300 will sponsor 100 lessons